The Golden Snitch
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Term 1 Banquet

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Term 1 Banquet Empty Term 1 Banquet Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:40 pm

Albus Dumbledore

Admin

Professor Dumbledore waited patiently at the podium as the hall full of students before him chattered and joked amongst themselves. It had been a long train ride for all of them, and he was sure they would be grateful if he cut his speech short.

Chuckling quietly to himself, he folded his hands neatly in front of his body, waiting for a moment and then clearing his throat, initiating a wave of 'ssh's and 'be quiet's that ended only when the hall was silent.

"Welcome all to another year at Hogwarts," he began, looking out at the silent hall of children with a small smile quirking his mouth up at the corners. "I understand that you are all tired and undoubtedly ravenous, but I beg your patience for a few announcements that I must make,"

Gesturing with his right hand, a small, pudgy man rose from his seat at the teacher's table. "I would like to welcome back our own Professor Ogg, who has returned to us from his sojourn in Romania relatively unscathed,"

A round of chuckling and polite applause.

"Secondly, I would like to remind all students that the Forbidden Forest is strictly off limits for all students unless they are accompanied by a teacher,"

A groan from the hall.

"And lastly, I would like to remind all first year students to follow their house prefects out of the hall when the feast is finished."

Nodding to himself, he raised his hands about his head and brought them down again with a great flourish and a smile.

"And now, let us dig in!"

https://goldensnitch.rpg-board.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum